Opt in for Summer Now!
Dear Parent or Guardian,
Your child’s IEP recommends an Extended School Year (summer) classroom-based special education program and/or Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and/or Speech services. We are pleased to inform you that these programs and services will be available both in-person and remotely this summer. The program will run from Friday July 2nd, 2021 through Friday, August 13th, 2021 (the program will be closed on July 5th and July 20th due to holiday observance).
Please click on the following link to complete a very brief survey to indicate whether you would like to pre-register your child to participate in the program. It is important that you pre-register by April 23rd to support the planning process and ensure we have up to date contact information for site selection and scheduling purposes: https://www.nycenet.edu/surveys/summerprogram
Please note the following important information:
· You will need your child’s 9-digit student ID number to complete the survey. You can find this number on your child’s IEP or by logging in to your NYC Schools Account and selecting “Student.” If you are unable to locate your child’s ID number, please contact your child’s school, Committee on Special Education, or Committee on Preschool Special Education.
· The survey applies to school-age students attending DOE and Charter schools; and preschool students receiving only related services and/or SEIT or enrolled in special classes in 3-K or Pre-K for All programs. If you are not sure which services your child should have for the summer, you can find this information on the “12-Month Programs and Services” section of their IEP.
· Summer programs and services will be offered primarily in-person at designated sites in each of the five boroughs. You may indicate on the survey if your child will attend only if all recommended program(s) and/or service(s) are offered remotely.
· The DOE will provide information about the site(s) where summer IEP programs and services will take place later in the spring. If your child will be receiving related services only, we will schedule your child for a specific appointment time at the site you select.
· If your child currently receives related services from a contract provider and will be enrolled in a 3-K or Pre-K for All program in the fall, we will typically seek to provide 10-month school year (September – June) services at that site, unless otherwise specified by the IEP. Your child will likely be assigned a new provider at that time. In the meantime, if your child’s IEP recommends Extended School Year services (6 weeks during July and August), you may contact the CSE to request that the DOE retain the therapist who worked with your child during the 2020 -2021 school year to continue this summer at a location consistent with the IEP.
If you have questions or require assistance with the survey, please contact us at email@example.com.
The Special Education Office
Daily Health Screenings
Daily health screenings for students, including temperature checks, must be completed at home by families and by school-based staff. School-based staff and students cannot report to school if they have:
Experienced any symptoms of COVID (chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea), including a temperature of greater than 100.0°F, in the past 14 days;
Have gotten a positive result from a COVID test that tested saliva or used a nose or throat swab? (not a blood test)
In the past 14 days, been in close contact (within 6 feet for at least 10 minutes) with anyone who tested positive for COVID or who has or had symptoms of COVID.
Traveled internationally or from a state with widespread community transmission of COVID per the NY Travel Advisory in the past 14 days?
The online health screening application can be found here: healthscreening.schools.nyc/
Responsibilities While in the Building
We have put safety procedures in place to keep our students and staff healthy.
Masks: Masks must be worn at all times by all adults (teachers, staff, and visitors) If your child is unable to wear a mask for medical reasons, they must have an excuse signed by a doctor on file in the office.
Handwashing: Students and staff are expected to wash hands thoroughly before and after eating, after using the bathroom, if exposed to body fluids (like saliva or a sneeze), and at other times necessary throughout the day.
Drop-off and pickup procedures: Please maintain social distancing between families during drop-off and pickup. Parents are not allowed to enter the building with their child unless arrangements have been made in advance with the office. Please move through the drop-off and pickup line as quickly as possible to make room for families behind you.
Visiting our school: We are limiting visitors to the school during this time. Parent and community volunteer and in-person tutoring have been suspended until further notice. Most parent-teacher conferences and other meetings can be held virtually. All visits must be pre-approved and scheduled with the office.
While in the building: When you enter the building, please check in at the front desk. During check-in, you will be given a name tag and reminded to wear your mask at all times.
Traffic flow in hallways and common areas: Hallways are marked with arrows. Please keep at least 3 ft. distance between yourself and others.
Illness: Students and staff exhibiting signs of illness or having a fever of greater than 99.9°F must stay home. If you or someone you know has COVID-19 (or shows symptoms of COVID-19 such as coughing or fever), it is required that you stay home or at a designated care facility for a minimum of 14 days. Please contact us via phone or email as soon as possible.
Directions for local COVID testing: Please visit the NYS Coronavirus Find a Test SiteOpens in a new browser tab page to find a test site closest to you.
Tech Device Application
If you need to request a device, the following link will take you directly to the form:
**Borrowed devices should be used for school purposes only and kept in a secure location. Take your device with you on in-school days.
Click the link below to find out more: